14 August 2012

Anyone Got a BFF?

While I know 'got' is not the grammatically correct way to word
the title of this post, I'm gonna go with it.
Yes, yes, I'm also aware that 'gonna' is not much better than the title.
I guess we'll all just have to deal, and try not to dwell.

Tomorrow is 
Best Friends Day.
So if you've got a best friend, let 'em know.
You could send flowers, a letter,
cookies or candy if they've a sweet tooth,
or a phone call would be ideal for many BFF's these days.
 Whatever you do, thank them for being a good friend, which 
they obviously are, since they are your best friend, right?  And if they're not a good friend,
then maybe it's time to get a new one.

Thursday is
National Airborne Day.
The first time the US Army used paratroopers in combat was 
during WWII in 1942.  I'm pretty sure that one of my 
grandpa's brothers was a paratrooper back then.
I am so grateful for military personnel, current and past.
They have sacrificed so much for me to make this country what it is and what it can be.
I am proud to be a military spouse, and while it was difficult to have 
Mr MPP in Afghanistan while our oldest daughter
was a baby, I'd make the sacrifice again if needed.
And HOOAH to you, paratroopers, for being so brave to head into
combat from the air.

No comments: