29 January 2013

Gray & Yellow Baby Shower

I hosted a baby shower for a friend a couple weeks ago.
It was awesome.

I wasn't sure what theme I wanted to go with, so I snagged the theme from
my friend's plan for the nursery for her new baby,
gray and yellow.

And it was GREAT!

Here are some pictures from the party.

I hung a pennant banner across the front of the table,
and some gray & yellow paper things
hanging from the ceiling.

 I served rice krispie treats,
lemon cupcakes, and vanilla pudding in baby food jars with
two mini nilla wafers on top
 The cupcakes were pretty good.
I used the recipe here.



 I made a circle garland from several sheets of scrapbook paper
 And I made some tissue paper puff balls.
It was my first time making them.
They were pretty easy, but need a lot of paper per ball.
I was a little skimpy with the paper, so I probably would have been
more pleased if I hadn't.
But tissue paper can get expensive.  So I just had 7.
But it was enough.

 I also bought 1/8 yard of three different yellow and gray fabrics
from JoAnn.  Then I cut them into strips and tied
them onto some gray ribbon.
I thought it was pretty cute.
And the whole thing was about $7.


 Entry table; 
here's a close-up of the chalkboard
 And I had these cutie elephant sugar cookies
in the little basket on this table as a favor, so the guests could
grab one or two on their way out the door.
 It was a lot of fun planning this party,
and it seemed that everyone who was able to come had fun.
So it's a complete success in my book.

Also, did you see how great the table looks in use?!
I had asked my husband to try to have it done so we could use it
for the party.  And it was done and dry with enough time to spare.
Thanks, Honey!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow Missy this is really impressive.
I am amazed.
Well done.

Emily said...

What a cute baby shower theme! And the table is awesome. You need to come and build me some furniture!