23 January 2012

January 23

Today marks the beginning of
Chinese New Year!
Today marks the beginning of the year of the Dragon.
The FamilyFun magazine has some great ideas for celebrating Chinese New Year
with your kids.  Check out the post for Party Ideas &
the one for Crafts.

And if you aren't prepared for today, don't worry!  Chinese New Year
lasts for 15 days, so you have a little time to 
take care of business.

And I'm thinking that these Baked Egg Rolls look delicious!
I love Chinese food, and always want an eggroll when
I go out for Chinese, but just am not willing to pay the price.
But if these turn out to be as good as they look, I will be enjoying egg rolls a lot more often for now on!


Today is also
Pie Day!

And one of my favorite cookbooks has a recipe for Pie in a Jar - it's from
I haven't tried it yet, but I think Pie Day would be an excellent time to start.
I think it's one of their most popular posts, and I'm pretty sure you can freeze the pies before they're 
baked, which allows you to save yourself a pie for a rainy day.
Or a snacky mood.

No comments: