05 December 2013

Camera Strap

It's a little difficult keeping up with the blogs now
that I've got four kids, but I'm trying to get better again.
Please bear with me.

I was thinking about quitting this blog and putting all my crafts and things up
on my family blog again, but really, I do much better with two even
though I haven't been that great lately.

But life's a work in progress, right?
And a balancing act, especially trying to fit all the stuff I want
to do into a day.  One thing that has 
been helping me is adding some organic apple cider vinegar
to each glass of water that I drink.
At first, it's not that good.  But now I'm to the point
where water doesn't taste quite right if it's not in there.
It's helping with my energy, and a bunch of other things....look it up.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to show my cutie camera strap that I made yesterday.
I followed the tutorial here,
and then followed her advice and tried adding a strip of jumbo rickrack, which I liked.
And then I added three yo yos with button middles to make it 
a little more cutie.
Her tutorial is really good and I thought it was pretty easy to follow,
so definitely head over there if you want to make yourself a new camera strap.
Go Idaho!

I love it!

I know it's kind of an awkward picture, but the hardware isn't very easy to get on and off,
and since I had attached it before I took the picture, I wanted to
keep it on the camera instead of dealing with that hassle.
And I just used scraps, which is even better.
I have an old SLR camera that stopped working right a few years ago, which is
when I started saving up for the fancy DSLR that I was finally
able to buy last year when it went on sale before Christmas.
I used the hardware from the camera strap from my old camera...I just cut off the 
seatbelt material, then sewed this new one right onto the hardware.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It looks cute Missy.

Unknown said...

very cute!